Saturday 14 April 2012

Chewies.

On Friday, April 13, Me and Mama went to Chewies restaurant in Vancouver. When we walked in it was sooooooo jam-packed because there was a Canucks playoff game, and the only spot for two was at the side of the open kitchen, so, of course we took it.
After looking at the menu for about 5 minutes, we knew what to order.The two of us shared the whole meal. For a starter, we had a beet salad. It was SUPER delicious!! Next, for the main course, we spilt an oyster po-boy with cayenne-seasoned fries and a side of fried okra. Everything was fantastic! I was so excited when the owner, Chewie, came to ask us how the food was. He is a very friendly guy :) Finally, the BEST part of the meal.......DESSERT!!! We had Cafe du monde style beignets with coffee anglaise. This could be one of the best desserts I have ever eaten! So if you are looking for a New Orleans type meal, definitely check out Chewies in Kitsilano! You will absolutely love it!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try this restaurant when we visit Vancouver in December. The meal definitely reminds me of New Orleans...love oysters and po boys. I miss Cafe du Monde. When I was in New Orleans I had beignets and coffee for breakfast everyday.
    Nai, I like your blog....
    visit us soon...your cousins Noah and Emma want to take you and your bros to Legoland!!! It's so sunny today :)

    ReplyDelete